Posts tagged ‘Hartz victims’
We’ve been unable to obtain Alex Gweneth’s baby photo, but we can only imagine that when he was born, he had the face of a cherub. His parents surely beamed with pride at their newborn boy. Would he become a surgeon? A teacher? An art historian? Little Alex’s future was not yet written. Oh, but it is written now. Mr. Gweneth, sadly, became a soulless flunkey for Hartz through his job at 5W Public Relations, a profoundly slimy firm with a long history of unethical conduct.
Thanks to a fascinating exposé by the heroes at Broken Hartz, we have learned about the pitiful fate of this once-promising young child. Instead of saving lives, teaching children, or preserving the legacy of Neoclassicism, Mr. Gweneth spends his days filling the internet with false claims about the safety and effectiveness of Hartz’s products. For this, he receives a paycheck. Read Broken’s Hartz’s post and prepare to be amazed.
(Editor’s note: In the visual approximation of Mr. Gweneth, we notice that his skin appears to have been severely burned and scarred. We suspect that Mr. Gweneth may have applied Hartz to his own skin, causing a terrible reaction. After all, this is a common consequence of Hartz flea and tick “treatments,” as you can see in these pictures.)
Spread the word about Broken Hartz and their amazing, ass-kicking anti-Hartz campaign!
While the EPA continues to twiddle its thumbs, more grassroots efforts to spread the word about poisonous flea and tick products are popping up on the web. Broken Hartz now joins the ranks! Please visit their site, follow them on Twitter, and get involved in any way you can!
You may have noticed that certain big-box stores are now carrying PetArmor and PetArmor Plus in addition to their usual selection of pet poisons. PetArmor presents itself as being a generic version of Frontline Plus at a fraction of the cost, but that is simply not the case. PetArmor does contain the same main ingredient as Frontline Plus — fipronil — but it does not contain Frontline Plus’ other ingredient, methoprene. Thus, the two products are not identical.
More to the point, PetArmor and PetArmor Plus, along with their parent companies FidoPharm and Velcera, are being sued by customers whose pets died as a direct result of using their product. What does FidoPharm CEO Alex Kaufman have to say about the lawsuit? In a press release, he writes, “Since its launch in April of 2011, we have sold millions of doses of PetArmor and have a very low incidence of adverse events – far below 1 percent of doses sold.”
Far below 1% of doses sold? That’s your defense? Your defense is that less than one out of every hundred doses applied caused an adverse — and potentially even fatal — reaction?
I’m not a gambling man, but I don’t like those odds at all. I would never apply a product to my pet knowing that it had a roughly 1 in 100 chance of harming him. Would you?
Tell PetArmor what you think of their dangerous product. Send a polite but firm email to comments@PetArmor.com, or give them a call at 212-445-823 or 888-908-TICK.
Most civilized people, they love pets quite a lot.
But the Hartz, who lived in New Jersey, did NOT!
Hartz hated pets! No matter what season!
Now, please don’t ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
It could be his sweatpants were cinched up too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all,
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Whatever the reason, his heart or his sweats,
Hartz stood there angrily hating your pets,
Staring down from his office with a sour, Hartzy frown,
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew that people were feeding their cats
Or tucking their dogs into warm, cozy mats.
“They take them on walks!” he snarled with a sneer,
“They buy them chew toys! How perfectly queer!”
Then he growled, and he said without any misgiving,
“I MUST find some way to stop all pets from living!”
Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
THE HARTZ GOT A MURDEROUS, AWFUL IDEA!
“All I need is some poison.” The Hartz looked around.
But, since poison is scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Hartz? No! The Hartz simply said,
“If I can’t find some poison, I’ll make some instead!”
“I’ll sell this to people!” The Hartz laughed at his plot
As he whipped up a lethal brew in a pot.
And he chuckled, and clucked, “What a great Hartzy trick!”
“This will kill cats and dogs, but not harm fleas or ticks!”
Unlike the Grinch, who realizes the error of his ways and whose heart grows three sizes, the Hartz remains an evil, unrepentant, animal-killing monster. Hartz will continue to sell its toxic flea and tick products as long as there are people who haven’t heard the awful truth. Please tell everyone you know — and even people you don’t know — to steer clear of all Hartz products. Let’s make 2009 less profitable for Hartz — and safer for cats and dogs everywhere.
Give your dog or cat the gift of life this holiday season by not inadvertently poisoning them to death with Hartz et al’s lethal flea and tick products. Every day, cats and dogs become violently ill and die when their loving owners attempt to treat their fleas using Hartz’s toxic brew. Hartz and similar brands make billions of dollars each year selling products that they and the EPA know have killed thousands and thousands of animals. In fact, the EPA has received 33,000 complaints about Hartz alone since the year 2000.
The best gift you can give to your friends, family members, and coworkers this season is the gift of information. Print out these business card-sized flyers and put one in each of your holiday cards. When you’re paying your bills, slip one into each envelope. Hand them out at the dog park. Pin them to bulletin boards. And if you’re feeling particularly frisky, slip one into each package of Hartz flea and tick products at your local big-box stores (including Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart, PetSmart, and Petco).
With your help, fewer dogs and cats will needlessly die so that some rich bastards can summer in the Hamptons.
It’s not just Hartz’s flea and tick products and cat vitamins that can poison and even kill your pet. Their dog treats are deadly, too. Hartz Mountain Corporation has issued a recall of its “chicken-basted rawhide chips for dogs” because it turns out that they are contaminated with Salmonella.
But this isn’t really news. It’s just another day at the Hartz Mountain Corporation.
While it is generally our belief that the world is full of possibilities for every baby that is born, there are some instances when a baby’s future is totally obvious. Such is the case with Lucifer, who was born on the side of the road in Kansas over the weekend. Weighing in at 6.66 pounds, Lucifer has all of the attributes of the typical Hartz employee: horns, tail, cloven hooves, forked tongue, and an unfathomable stench. And just look at the color of his skin — why, he already has blood on his hands!
The fight against Hartz is gaining momentum. Please visit Hartz Syndrome, a new site dedicated to exposing Hartz Mountain Corporation’s senseless slaughter of people’s beloved pets. The site owner has put together a scorching video indictment of the company that is responsible for the deaths of thousands and thousands of cats and dogs.
A devastated cat owner has posted this video of his cat’s reaction to Hartz flea and tick drops on HartzVictims.org. Please watch the video and forward the link to everyone you know who has a pet.